- Bono’s distribution needs work, but Atlanta’s pressing was effective and there were few options for Bono on the ball. His finger-tip save in the second half was incredible.
- Mavinga is clearly rusty. Tempting as it is to blame him for the two goals, though, the first should have been a simple save, and the second was a result of the team sticking with a high line that had already been exploited a number of times in the first half.
- Vazquez struggled to impose himself on the game despite lovely work in the build-up to Morrow’s goal, and while Vanney says he’s ready for 90 minutes, Vazquez tired visibly at around 60.
- TFC were guilty of a good deal of over-elaboration in the final third. Armando Cooper particularly.
- Vanney didn’t really go for it when Atlanta went down to 10 men. Yes, he introduced Ricketts, but he also needlessly stuck with three cente-backs instead of flooding the midfield and taking real control of the game.
- Kenwyne Jones is still an absolute tank.
Overall – could have been worse, and the two TFC goals were excellent. Tata Martino won the tactical battle, however, and Atlanta are an impressively well-organized team.
Leave a Reply